Founded in 2000 by Richard Kirkendall, NameCheap Domain is likely one of the veteran internet hosting corporations within the business. They’ve grown massively from a small startup into a large with 10 million domains underneath administration. They’re thought of one of many largest area registrars and internet hosting corporations on the earth, and one of many quickest rising American corporations based on the Inc. 5000.
Namecheap Hosting Plans
Stellar: The initial plan provides you unmetered bandwidth for as much as three web sites for $1.44/month within the first yr.
Stellar Plus: The second plan will increase disk area to Unmetered, for $2.44/month within the first yr.
Stellar Business: Namecheap’s greatest plan has an SSD disk area of 50GB, which is sweet sufficient for limitless web sites and all that comes with solely $4.44/month.
Namecheap is one other high area registrar available on the market. They’ve a robust area search instrument that helps you discover the appropriate area identify and makes solutions when your most well-liked area identify just isn’t accessible.
Additionally they provide area add-on providers like area privateness and premium DNS. Their area administration space is clear, nevertheless it’s not as user-friendly as GoDaddy’s new interface.
One good factor about NameCheap is that they provide free area privateness with all their domains.
We used to make use of NameCheap however ended up transferring our foremost domains to different suppliers as a result of we merely had too many points logging into their area administration panel.
Who is Namecheap For?
Namecheap has packages accessible for low visitors and low content material websites up into excessive visitors websites. Their infrastructure can assist majority small and medium-size enterprise necessities, and may scale to assist many giant enterprise necessities as effectively.
- They promote affordably priced domains (typically as low cost as $0.88!)
They make it simple to register domains
- They supply 24/7 assist and assist prospects navigate technical points
- Customer reviews recommend they ban accounts with out discover after they suspect spam. They could must be extra clear within the buyer onboarding course of about spam insurance policies.
- Buyer critiques recommend they instantly promote domains in the event that they aren’t renewed, and take a look at reselling them to prospects for a lot larger than their earlier area registration price. They need to most likely inform prospects concerning the penalities related to area expiration.
- A couple of buyer overview confirmed messages from their authorized and abuse division the place prospects have been requested to ship bitcoin to an account # together with their financial institution statements, bank card information, and different private info. After prospects complied, they observed extra unauthorized expenses on their accounts. I’m no lawyer, however I can’t consider any purpose why Namecheap ought to request bitcoin transactions, financial institution statements, or the private info they’ve.
- If this was an unethical motion inside their firm, they need to reply to the destructive complaints apologetically, and attempt to rectify these conditions with the shoppers.
- As a substitute, these complaints are reported on-line with no responses from Namecheap.
Namecheap had very mixed critiques on-line. Half of the critiques have been four or 5-star and half of their critiques have been lower than 3-star. Right here’s an instance from TrustPilot.
After studying a number of four and 5-star critiques and lots of the 1 to 3-star critiques, it’s clear that some individuals are having good experiences and a few individuals are having very unhealthy ones. Sadly, lots of the unhealthy experiences have been legit problems with ethics, and will most likely even be justified in courts if the shoppers had taken it that far.
Namecheap is superior! you may’t go mistaken selecting them.
I exploit namecheap for domains and personal emails internet hosting, SSL certificates and typically I exploit their shared internet hosting for primary web sites and I like their buyer assist assist each time I want them I can get my drawback solved inside a short while, I additionally love the truth that they’re systematized after they help you, for me it’s environment friendly to be organized that method, additionally their dns propagation is quick evaluating to different registrar I can’t advisable them sufficient, whereas I’m stunned to see some low ranking and grievance I’ve by no means confronted any subject myself being a number of years with namecheap, and seen large corporations utilizing them too, they’re very good, if one thing retains me with namecheap to date, it’s attributable to their superior pleasant assist! don’t take heed to what haters says strive the service your self and choose. It’s my truthful opinion and am completely happy to date with their service.
The datacenters used are situated within the USA and the UK (based mostly within the Timico’s datacenter near Nottingham, within the Midlands).
VPS and Devoted servers are situated within the PhoenixNAP datacenter (Phoenix, Arizona, USA).